Friday 20 March 2015

What we've been loving: Beauty


Sophie:
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish hot cloth cleanser: This product has been in my life for years now and is so ingrained into my skincare regime I couldn't go away without it. It's been hot and humid in Thailand and I absolutely love being able to wipe all the grime, sweat, and suncream off quickly and easily at the end of the day. I know everyone has probably heard plenty about Liz Earle's cleanser over the years, so I won't go into detail. But I have most certainly been loving it while I've been away! 
Botanics Conditioning Body Lotion with Icelandic Moss: I burn super easy and when I'm abroad I have to be so careful with my skin. I got through the body lotion I brought with me within a month and was so relieved when I found a Boots right by my hotel in Bangkok. I stocked up on lotion, moisturiser, insect repellent, and suncream for the rest of the trip. I spent quite a bit of time looking for a good lotion and eventually settled on this Botanics one. I've been so pleased with the purchase, not only does it smell so fresh and clean, but it's so moisturising and really soothes any sun burns. My skin is probably doing even better than it was before down to this lovely product. I'll be stocking up on it when I get back to the UK.
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm: My make-up collection has never been big. So the make up collection I've brought traveling with me is tiny. I have a BB cream, a powder, eyeliner, and a couple of lipsticks and  I'm still barely touching it. It's just so hot any make-up I apply has pretty much melted off within a couple of hours! There just isn't much point. But one thing I have been applying slightly more regularly is this lovely balm. It's essentially a primer, but i've been wearing it in lieu of foundation/BB cream on the evenings where I want to make a bit more of an effort. I know it's a product that really divides people, but for me it does wonders as long as I apply it right. I only use a small pea-sized amount and smooth it onto my skin - but don't rub it in! It makes my skin feel firmer and fresher and evens out my skin tone. I'm so pleased I brought it with me, but I don't know if it's something I'll necessarily keep using once i'm home and am able to go back to my full make-up routine. But as it's too hot for foundation, this is a good replacement. 


Lizzie:
Le Parfume - Elie Saab: This scent has been a favourite for a several months now but I ran out of it last year, was overjoyed to find I'd been bought some more for Christmas! I won't lie, I'm terrible at describing scents, but it's a fairly sweet yet sophisticated smell and is perfect for evenings out. It's one of those perfumes where people always tell me I smell nice!
Handy Gurugu - Lush: This has been a life saver. My job is very hands on, I'm constantly using heat and it makes my hands ridiculously dry to the point of cracking.. glam life of a barista! I've tried a few hand creams but none were doing the job.. until this. It's thick, buttery and you can just feel it working as soon as you put it on. It smells fab too, it has almost suncream vibes about it so whenever I wear it I think of sun and holidays - which is always nice! Plus it's repaired my hands beyond belief. Absolute must for hard-working hands!
Micellar Cleansing Water -  Garnier: Yeah yeah I know every blogger has raved about this, but there's a reason for that! I tried the pink version of this last year and was fairly underwhelmed as although I have fairly sensitive skin, my face just didn't seem to take to it that well. After using the Liz Earle Cleanser and hating it, I was searching for a good alternative. This 'Combination and Sensitive Skin' cleansing water is fantastic, it takes my makeup off well and I can just feel this suits my skin much better than the original sensitive version. I bought this one and loved it so much that I went and bought three more on 3 for 2, no regrets!

Have you tried any of our favourites? What are you loving at the moment?

0 comments:

Post a Comment