Thursday 6 August 2015

Updates

Hello! We know we've been absent for a while, so we thought we'd do a little round up post on what we've been up to in the last few months. Things just got super busy for us both, but we're hoping to get back into a regular blogging routine again - expect some new posts soon!

 Sophie:
It's been a busy few months for me! Between February and July I travelled round Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, then spent a week in Bali, two weeks volunteering at an Elephant rescue centre, and a fortnight with family in Australia! Some highlights are pictured above: the sky bar in Bangkok , the lantern lit markets in Hoi An (blog post to come soon!), and the stunning Mount Batur. I got back just over a month ago and have had plenty on since then. The day after I got back from my travels, I visited my lovely friend Elliot at uni, a trip which included Fleetwood Mac, countryside walks, and lots of coffee and cake. I've also had a few days out with Lizzie, and spent lots of time with family and pets. In just over a week I'm off again, this time with Lizzie and our friend Louise for a trip to Paris! After that though the job hunt will officially be on. I've probably avoided the real world for long enough now!

Lizzie: 
Well, a lot has changed in the last five months! My time has mainly been spent applying to be a teacher and making a hell of a lot of coffee. I'm excited to tell (literally) everyone that I am starting my PGCE at the University of Durham in September!! It's crazy to think that this time next year I could be teaching English in a secondary school somewhere, I literally feel like the world is at my feet at the moment, it's such an exciting (and a little daunting) time for me!! I'm pretty sad to say goodbye to my little Costa family though, it's been such a great experience over the last year being back in Yorkshire. I've also been doing a lot of good eating with the boyfriend, couldn't do a round up post of the last few months without including the best burger and fries of my life.. (bottom right!) The next few weeks are pretty busy for me, going to Paris for the first time with Sophie and Louise, my uncle's wedding (and i'm a bridesmaid!) then heading off to Barcelona with my boyfriend, then moving to a whole new place! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment